Spicy life



They say every cloud has a silver lining. Being an eternal optimist in life I tend to agree with this.

A couple of years ago, and a couple of years before that, were, let's say, periods when the days were darker than they are now (I don't even like to write negatively). From these days in my life I have learned a lot, and really how despite the clouds, the silver lining has maybe shone through. Eventually.

However, other than this saying, there is one I like more. You can't appreciate a rainbow without the rain.

In winter where I live now, although not cold, when it rains, it really does rain, and usually it is mixed with the wind that brings it. It comes down so bad that I would take the freezing temperatures and the snow any day of the week in its place. But then when it passes and the sun comes out in a crystal blue sky, the pro takes over the con. As worthy as the colour silver is, for me the sight of a rainbow and all of its colour beats it.

A rainbow can highlight the sky, it breathes a wealth of its own. With its colours it has more variety. Don't they say that variety is the spice of life? Spices are colourful too. Well that's how I want my life to be; Spicy. As vibrant as the rainbow. More colours. More doors to open.

I quite like spicy food, not so spicy that all you can taste is the heat in your mouth, but spicy enough to water your mouth and to know its there on your tongue to let you know you are eating it. That you are alive and kicking.

I appreciate every rainbow. They lift me. How can you not like a rainbow? Who doesn't want to live? I mean really live. They make me smile.

I am smiling as I write this.

Oh, and how cool would it be to be able to see a rainbow in the dark night sky?!

Comments

Popular Posts